Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Using Your Points (Megan)

So, after being starving most of the afternoon yesterday I ended up going to bed with 8 freaking points left on the table.  EIGHT.  IThat's like missing a great sale at your favorite store, or something. I really wanted to eat something just to wipe them out but I figured that wasn't really in the spirit of the 'new me' and it was nearly 9PM to boot.  

 I have to say, getting a handle on these new point values is hard.  You're allowed more points - but a lot of foods 'cost' more than they used too.   So, when I've done WW before if a meal was, say, 11 points it was like woah, nelly.  Now, that's totally normal (for me, anyway). 

So, yesterday I was trying to be good and not burn through all my points by dinner....and then even with dessert I left 8 on the table.   Today, my day home with the baby, I am going to try to plan better so I can spread the points evenly throughout the day so there is no starvation time.


I'll end with one of the funniest things I ever heard at a WW meeting.  The topic was 'what do you do when you're out of points for the day'.  I think they were going for strategies like working out, or other distraction or using  your weekly allowance. But, this one woman said "last night I went to bed at 6:30 because I was out of points, so I figured might as well go to sleep". 

I know I've felt like that before, haha.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha, I love the go to sleep comment and as I was reading this that is exactly what I was thinking before I read that!

If you like nuts/peanut butter, its a great way to get in points if you are having problems eating them all. You can do it Megan!!!

Sarah said...

Go Megan! I like to find low point snacks that take a while to eat, so I can "nurse" them as it were. If it takes longer to eat, that is less time that you are hungry.

Amy said...

yep, I have gone to bed early because I am out of points. And I agree with Melissa--add some nuts or peanut butter in if you need to eat more points.
And I agree I am still not sure of this new program--all my 1 point breads and tortillas are now 3 or 4.

Amanda said...

My understanding of weight watchers, and I may be wrong because I don't do it, was that fruits and veggies are free ... not that anyone wants to suck on a carrott at the end of the day.

Megan said...

Fruits and veggies are now 0 points, they used to have some (and some still do like potatoes, but by and large...).

I LOVE PB but I have portion control issues with it. The night before I had some on a light english muffin before bed - perfect.

Last night though, even though I had points left to "spend" I finally wasn't starving so I just didn't eat them.

Today I'm trying to be better but so far I've had breakfast and lunch and no snacks. Jane keeps me busier than work, I guess.