I don't really have a cohesive 'theme' or anything to discuss today so here is a taste of what is going on in my brain:
- Brown rice and white rice are the same points per portion. White bread and wheat bread too. I 'get' that the idea is to choose brown for health reasons and that whole grains shouldn't spike your blood sugar the same way white bread does but damn, brown rice and a turkey burger (sans bun) is boooooring. Rice is booooooooring in general. Over it.
- I got on the scale this morning after saying I wouldn't do so until Sunday. Thing is, I didn't weight myself at home last week so I have no idea how it relates to the scale at WW. If it's the same (yea right) then I've definitely seen some movement. Sweeeet!
- I just want to jump ahead like 4 weeks where I'm in a groove, have seen some success and am motivated. Right now I'm just kinda going through the motions.
- I 'get' that eating small meals/snacks throughout the day is the way to go but I find, for me, that 3 meals satisfies me more *shrug*
- We had a technician out to fix Jim's treadmill this weekend. The guy said he hadn't seen damage like that in his 15 years on the job. Jim freaking cracked the board you run on. He looked at me and goes "is he a big dude....". As in "either your fat ass is the one that broke this or it really was your husband - who must also be a lard ass". I very happily said "no, actually, he's a skinny marathoner. I don't touch the thing :) "
- BUT, as fun as it was to say that, I do need to work in some exercise. I was planning to do treadmill work during Jane's nap on the days I'm home but now I'm freaking scared I'll break it. I am also toying with the idea of trying Zumba. First on the list? A sports bra that fits. Oy!
2 comments:
Love the rambling! For exercise, could you take Jane for a walk? I always feel less weird about going for a walk when I have a kid or dog with me. I think I might try Zumba next week. There is a class that starts right after I drop off all the kids on Weds... Do I dare?
I agree about jumping ahead 4 weeks, if only. :)
I think you handled the treadmill man very nicely, even though he was rude.
Post a Comment