Monday, July 25, 2011

A whopper of a day (Melissa)

So it took all of my will power to avoid Burger King today. For whatever reason I had a real craving for a whopper and french fries. I must add that I love Whoppers, love them!! I have not had one since I was pregnant. I have already told myself I would allow myself to have one this summer. So now I wait for the perfect time to have one. I thought about getting it today, on my way home from the mall. Then I thought about how I have the twins in the car and how they would need to eat when we got home. I realized my poor Whopper would sit and get cold, and that just wouldn't be worth the gazillion calories. If I am going to eat it, I am going to enjoy it. I literally sat in the car and thought and thought and thought about it. I felt like I had the little angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. I held onto my original thought about how it would be cold. That gave me enough motivation to drive right by!


So I think, okay maybe Wednesday I will get one since all my kids are in daycare. But, really I have more of a craving for sushi. So I think I will make the better choice and enjoy some sushi on Wednesday!


I should also add that I went for a run last night (ran 1.75 mi, go me!) and was tortured by the damn ice cream man. I could hear his stupid music coming up behind me and then he drove past. Well then he stopped because some kids were waiting. So I caught up to him, then he drove by me and stopped a block ahead. I mean, really??? I had to run by him two times!! And someone even got a Choco Taco!!! I just kept running and thought about how all the Choco Tacos contributed to my big ol' booty. I was still very annoyed by the ice cream man though!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good for you on both accounts!