I've mentioned here how I last lost a significant amount of weight in 2005 doing South Beach. The weight melted off. Of course, I know it was hard even then but the years have dulled the sharpness of the memories of the difficult times. But really - I still think it was fairly easy as far as weight loss goes. The weight MELTED off. I stayed on the strictest phase for over 8 weeks. It was intense.
Twice since then I've tried to give it another go and I just...........can't. It's so strange. It's like I forget what I ate or how I did it. and then I remember.... I was single. I worked like 12 hours a day. I lived in NYC and walked everywhere. I had no life, but also no one to answer to but myself. I had TIME. I was just out of a relationship and eager to make a change and meet someone new! I ordered dinner every night from a local restaurant. I never had to cook - but when I wanted to had plenty of time. I started working out with a trainer, etc.
I just looked back and here are the results I saw week by week (yes, I still have the spreadsheet. Stop laughing).
Twice since then I've tried to give it another go and I just...........can't. It's so strange. It's like I forget what I ate or how I did it. and then I remember.... I was single. I worked like 12 hours a day. I lived in NYC and walked everywhere. I had no life, but also no one to answer to but myself. I had TIME. I was just out of a relationship and eager to make a change and meet someone new! I ordered dinner every night from a local restaurant. I never had to cook - but when I wanted to had plenty of time. I started working out with a trainer, etc.
I just looked back and here are the results I saw week by week (yes, I still have the spreadsheet. Stop laughing).
I lost 24 pounds the first month. Yes, you read that correctly.
Second month? 12 lost.
Third month? 14 lost. I started dating Jim the end of the third month having just lost FIFTY pounds. Like, what?!?! At this point, I hadn't even started the trainer yet!
Over the course of the next 3 months I lost another 12. Hello new relationship eating-out and happiness. It definitely slowed the weight loss, but he was worth it!
My tracker goes for another 2 months and I lost an additional 19 pounds. So, in case you're counting that's 81 pounds in 32 weeks. I felt AMAZING.
Anyway, that's all ancient history now and here I sit back to nearly the exact weight I was when I started then and.............I'm trying to do it all over again. Will WW be what works? Will I have to be more drastic and do SBD again? If so, how can I make it work for my life now (mother, wife, etc) which is so different than my life and responsibilities then?
1 comment:
Its so frustrating when you look back and past weight losses. When I was in college I got down to about 170. Basically I just wasn't eating and worked out a lot! Then by 1.5 years later I had gained it all back and then another 20 more! Then 2 years later I had put on another 10 lbs. Ugh, so frustrating. I would kill to be back to 170.... we can do this Megan. We can get back to our lowest weights and then continue to blow past them! Our lives are different and more challenging but we can make the right choices and lose the weight!!
Post a Comment