Sunday, July 10, 2011

Indulgence day (Melissa)

So I have deemed Saturdays to be my day of indulgence. I don't want to call it cheat day because well, I like the way indulgence sounds better. Gives it a little more positive spin since cheating is so negative sounding. So I survived yesterday. I ate my regular breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and actually only indulged on two things: a Choco Taco (thank you ice cream man!) and a greek salad with chicken (and a good amount of greek dressing). I actually found myself feeling guilty after I ate the choco taco and thought "hmm it really wasn't that good." Hopefully the next time the ice cream man comes around I'll remember that thought. Then for dinner, hubby and I got take out. I couldn't decide what I wanted, when finally I just decided I craved my favorite greek salad. I realized I didn't want to ruin all the hard work I've been putting in the past couple days so I didn't get the fried seafood I would usually get. In the end, I totally enjoyed my salad and didn't regret my decision, or worse, feel guilty about it.
A couple days in and I am very happy with how things are going. I feel in control, which has been lacking for a long time. So far it's been easy in that I know what I am having for every meal. No real thinking about how much this is worth or having to plan meals. I think that's the key for me now, consistency!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a half way decent indulgence day Melissa...

And here we go again with the Choco Taco, I guess at this point it is a good thing that I have never had one. :)

Glad we're all feeling "in control".