Hey ladies, nothing eventful happen today??
Anyway, I took Abby to gymnastics today and my friend (who's daughter also is in the class) and I made plans to come back to my house so the girls could play. Well I mentioned that I was going to get an iced coffee on the way home and Abby and her friend started saying they wanted munchkins. So of course we got a box of 25. OMG, they stared at me the whole ride home. I could smell the chocolate and icing. I could feel my mouth beginning to salivate. I thought about them, stared at them, tried to resist. I gave in and had two on the ride home. Damn, they were good. Then the girls played and ate many more. Luckily my friend is pregnant so she ate a bunch. In the end I had 6 munchkins in total. It could have ended up a lot worse, but I showed some restraint. So I think that's progress?? I could have put down the whole box before we even got home. Yes, I faltered a little bit, but do I regret it? No, and I don't regret it because I only had a couple.
Then later, Abby and I met up with my MIL for lunch. I knew my taste of evil earlier would make me think, "Well I already messed up a bit, why not get a burger or something for lunch?" But, I was able to make a good choice and got a salad with a little bit of light italian dressing. I continued along my day making good choices. I took my own advice and even though I faltered at one meal or snack, I just moved on to the next meal and went back to making good choices.
So all is well, and tomorrow is another day.
One final note, I am actually looking forward to stepping on that scale on Saturday morning because I am confident it's going to show all my hard work this past week.
2 comments:
It is so easy to have another munchkin. I have been bit by that so many times. Good job in making good decisions for the rest of the day. I find it harder to eat healthy while eating out sometimes, especially if you slipped during the day.
Good Job! and the munchkins were a good way to get you through the healthy stuff. Better to have a small slip during the morning than a large meal slip during lunch/dinner.
I think you did great. Plus, if you deny yourself anything then eventually you will snap. It is much better to indulge a little, without going crazy. Good job!
Post a Comment