So today I ordered water instead of Mt. Dew. We didn't have any bread, garlic bread, or cheese bread. I ordered a small pizza with pesto sauce instead of alfredo. Chicken & Roast Garlic instead of Hamburger. Thin crust instead of thick crust. I think by making these changes, I am taking the important step towards changing my lifestyle instead of slapping a band-aid on it. I feel like it was a successful day.
Friday, July 15, 2011
Pizza (Sarah)
I think that on this journey it is important to try and make healthy, sustainable choices. My mother and I typically go to lunch on Fridays at a local pizza place called hideaway pizza. Being creatures of habit, we always share the same pizza- A medium with alfredo sauce and hamburger meat. As well as some garlic cheese bread. I usually accompany this with 2-3 glasses of Mt. Dew. My mother asked me if I wanted to go somewhere else for lunch or still go there. I chose to go there still. Simply because: my family loves this restaurant, my husband's family loves this restaurant, and I love this restaurant. It is simply unrealistic to say I will just never eat there (or any pizza for that matter) again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So proud of you!!!
Um, even your 'healthier' one sounds AMAZING. I couldn't live w/o pizza.
Post a Comment