Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weight Loss Wisdom (Megan)

One of the best dieting 'truisms' I ever heard is the following:

Just remember your fat day is someone elses thin day and your 'fat pants' are someone elses 'thin pants'.



I was reminded of this today after seeing Melissa's weigh in.  237.  That is the lowest I got in 2005.  I was that exact weight when I met Jim.  I would KILL to weigh that now.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Melissa should be happy at that weight or anything like that.  What I am saying that it is a target 'happy' weight FOR ME.  If anything, her weigh-in today inspires me!



I'm saying that I also know there is someone in the world for whom 318 is a weight they can't wait to see in their weight-loss journey.  I try to be mindful of that. 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Such a true comment, cause I'd love to be at Amanda's 223. I was just talking with my MIL yesterday and she was complaining about how she has put on weight. DH heard me talking to her and chimed in with "what is she 110 now?" So I told her his comment, and she goes "Well actually 116, I've gained 3lbs, I'm much more comfortable at 113." What are you freaking kidding me lady? For me I cannot fathom noticing a difference of 3lbs. Then she mentioned how she ballooned to 130 in college. Then I kindly reminded her that the average woman at 5'4 weighs 130. But, getting back to your point, about how she felt huge and disgusting at 130 and thats even below my target weight!!

Sarah said...

Thanks for reminding me of this fact Megan, I think it is really easy to lose sight of that sometimes.

Melissa said...

Amanda, as long as your bad weekend doesn't turn into a bad week!! Don't let a couple indulgences ruin your whole week!!

Amy said...

so true, and every bit of weight lost is weight gone for anyone. It is so easy to lose sight of that in our journey(because I was thinking I would kill for a week of 7 pound, 5 pound, 4 pound loss).