Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Even my daughter is cheering me on (Melissa)

So I was getting ready to go for a run and Abby (she's 2.5) sees me getting ready and this is how the conversation went:


Abby: What you doing Mommy?

Me: Going for a run.

Abby: Oh, I wanna come.

Me: Sorry hunny, but you can't come.

Abby: Okay Mommy, but be careful, don't get a boo boo.

Me: What should I do so I don't get a boo boo?

Abby: run slow Mommy!

Me: Oh you know I will!


So I run the same route as yesterday in amazingly the same amount of time. Thought I'd go slower since I just ran yesterday, but I was able to maintain the same pace. I come home and am greeted by Abby.


Abby: Mommy, you run??

Me: Yes I did Abby.

Abby: Good job Mommy! (as she gives me a hug) Mommy, you are yucky, go take a shower!


And so I did, but I love how she was happy for me! She makes all the sweat and hard work worth it. After all, my getting healthy is for her and her sisters, so I can be around as long as possible. I cannot be lazy and let excuses get the best of me. I HAVE to do this for my children. I owe it to them!

2 comments:

Lynsey Kaye said...

That's so sweet! Abby sounds like a great motivator and cheerleader. :)

Sarah said...

Great motivation. :)