Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 1 (Megan)

So, Day 1 wasn't too bad.  I am wondering if that is partially because of my chow-fest last night?  However, I am pleased with the number of points I'm allowed on WW and find that I actually have 7 points left over right now at 8PM.  I am not super-hungry but I do feel a little hungry - and will be famished come the morning.  I'm thinking of having another snack before bed.

My thoughts after today:  this way of eating would be SO easy for me if someone prepared all my food and told me the points.  Grocery shopping today with my phone (has the WW app for the calculator) was exhausting.  I am not a meal planner, and I have very little time to cook.  If you are someone that likes those things, WW would be a cinch for you!
Tonight I grilled some chicken (made the entire package to have easy protein available this week) and brown rice.  It was the first time I made brown rice and it was kinda boring, but not terrible.  

WW is all about planning and another tricky thing for me is that I get free food at work - the only catch is, I don't know the day's menu in advance.  So.....I have no real plan for tomorrow.  We'll see what happens!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Megan-
Good luck with WW! I tried two new recipes tonight from the website and they turned out great! If you ever want to chat about WW related things hit me up. I have been doing well on my 2nd week so far.

These are the two recipes I tried tonight:

Creamy Tomato Sauce: http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=115251&tab=2

Grilled Margherita Portabello Mushrooms: http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=132871

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh yes! If someone said, "here you can eat this" every time I said I was hungry or had a craving that would be amazing!

I gave in last night... laying in bed alone, knowing there were cookies in the house.

Then mid morning that stupid snickers just jumped right into my mouth.

I figure anything is progress at this point, we just have to get into the habit, the good one and then they will be the norm and these bad habits we're used to will no longer be. :)

Sarah said...

I feel ya Megan. I don't mind the Weight Watchers stuff. But trying to figure out what to eat each time is the real pain. We just need to hire personal chefs. :)

Melissa said...

Can one of us win the lottery and give us all personal chefs? Life we definitely be easy if someone just planned every meal and gave it to me. Sigh.... If getting thin was easy, we all wouldn't be here right now. We can do this!

Amy said...

You will get the hang of WW, I tend to buy the same things so I know the points--like Light n Fit yogurt is 2, Jello Sugar Free pudding is 2--so I don't have to shop with my app.

And even though it is counter intuitive, you have to eat all your points every day or you won't see big losses.