Thursday, January 26, 2012

Motivation (Melissa)

I often start out great with tons of motivation and then it fades fast. For some reason in the past two months that motivation has remained. I have been going to the gym at least 2-3 times a week and can now run for 30 minutes straight. So I feel myself getting stronger! I keep wanting to run a bit longer, or get a little faster. My husband and I are going to run a 5k around St. Patty's Day and my goal is 36 minutes. So I am working towards that.



Also, another piece of motivation that is keeping me going these days, even through my daughter's birthday, baby showers, etc (basically lots of events with yummy food and cake) is that my clothes are getting loose. Last night my MIL commented on how my pants looked too big. Yes, thanks, I did notice that, so I guess they are too loose to keep wearing. Same thing with my pants today. I have a belt on and that just bunches up the waist. Blah......but I did buy a pair of size 16 jeans last night! They are a little tight, but the 18s are too loose after wearing them for a couple hours.



So I say goodbye to size 20's and I am just about to say goodbye to my size 18s as well!! My XXL tops are becoming too big so I have been starting to wear my XL again. So HELLO motivation and goodbye plus sized clothes!!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Yay, great job Melissa! Your motivation has been inspirational, and in fact, I saw you went to the gym on Sunday. Of course, I saw aftre I logged in 2 pieces of pizza and 3 breadsticks. I felt soo guilty! You inspired me to get off my rear, and get to the gym! 5.5 miles walked and biked later, I felt much better!!

Keep it up, you are keeping me accountable:)

And I am so jealous of you girls, my clothes are fitting more comfortably but no downsizing yet! Soon, I hope:) I have tons of clothes in size 8 and 10 just waiting me to get back into:)