So my new goal is to reach 199lbs by my 4th wedding anniversary, June 8th. I weighed right above 200 on my wedding day and I'd like to be at onederland for this anniversary! So I have 23lbs to go and 19 weeks to do it. It's a little more than a 1lb a week and I think I can do it! Since going to the gym consistently I have been averaging almost 2lbs a week. I'm also going to sign up for some more 5k's to keep me running!!!
Sunday, January 29, 2012
I ran a 5k and a new goal (Melissa)
I am gonna brag cause I am damn proud of myself. First, I have stuck with the gym over the past 2 months. Even though my life is chaotic and tiring, I still find time to go. I am making myself a priority! I have felt myself getting stronger, I can run longer, I can even walk faster.... Well today I made a goal to run 3.1 miles on the treadmill. I walked the first 3 minutes to warm up and then ran and ran and ran..... Finally I peeked and saw 3.1 and it took 39:32!! I was so excited since my goal for the 5k mid-March was to be under 40 minutes! Plus I walked the first couple minutes so it would be a little quicker! And I have 7 weeks until the 5k to get even faster!! I should also add that I continued to run to 3.25 miles since I did walk the first .15 miles. So, yay go me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great job, Melissa.
And awesome new goal, you can definitely do it!!
That's awesome, Melissa. WTG!
Woo hoo! I'm so jealous of your ability to run. You are doing great!
Post a Comment