Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fading Fast (Megan)

Day 3: Medi_fast

Girls, I don't think I am going to make it.  It's not even the hunger (that sucks, naturally, but I've been able to work through it).  The problem?  Is that the food kind of blows.  All these online reviews are that some things are really good and others........not so much.  So far, there is not one thing I've had that I look forward to eating again.  Two things were so bad that I don't even know if I could will myself to eat them again.  *Sigh*

For anyone familiar with The South Beach Diet this seems similar - only w/ pre-packaged food.  The food they provide is low calorie, low carb and high protein.  You supplement with one meal of lean meat and veggies. 

Thing is, I miss eating real food.  I experimented yesterday with breaking my lean meal into two and eating it at two different times a day and that helped.....but that still leaves five of their meals to suffer through. 

The shakes aren't terrible.....but they are shakes.  It's not the feeling of eating something, you know?  The bars are also decent.  The oatmeal is a joke as are the pretzel sticks and the cookie bake.  Inedible.  There are recipes online about how to turn the oatmeal into on-plan muffins - so I'm not the only one who thinks it's terrible as is (and I actually really like Oatmeal!).

I am still really trying to give it a month because so far it's been a good 'de-tox' head start.  I've already lost like 5 pounds (water, I'm sure, but I'll take it) and I feel more energetic during the day, but crash hard around 8PM.

That's how it's going so far.  Fingers crossed I can make it through another day!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You can do it Megan! One day at a time!

Megan said...

That's the thing, Amanda, I can't do that. For me it's clearly a sickness? addiction? I can't just make good choices and portion control. If I could......I wouldn't be 300+ pounds!

My best success has been with carb restricted ways of eating. This one is extreme (b/c of low calorie too) but I can see myself doing this for a while and then moving over to how I ate on South Beach (which, once you're past the first weeks, is very moderate. you just can't have real sweets). You re-intro fruit and good carbs, etc. Less extreme.

Even WW with it's point I totally "get" but I am not the person that chooses good points, I choose to eat carbs. While I stay within my points, I don't do so well on it.

Melissa said...

You can do it! It seems as though you are really trying and that deserves enough credit. Good for you for sticking with it this far with the selection you have to choose from! As Sarah said, take it one day at a time! You'll find what works for you! Good Luck and keep up the good work!

Teri said...

Good luck, lady! One day at a time:)