Monday, January 30, 2012

Keeping My Eye on the Prize (Megan)

While I firmly believe in setting rewards for weight-loss goals (I bought myself a Gucci bag when I lost 85 pounds in 2005....) that's not what this post is about.  Not exactly anyway.

My husband and I are going on a baby-free trip to Ireland in March - exactly 8 weeks from now.  While not the first person to normally suggest climbing a monument or taking the long way, our recent vacations have been even worse.  My athletic energetic husband, god bless his non-complaining soul, has to stay at my pace.  I don't mean my walking pace necessarily.  I just mean my I-can't-do-everything-in-one-day-anymore pace.  I want some of that back!

So the Ireland trip isn't a reward for weight loss since it was booked long ago.  Instead, I'm looking to that trip as my first goal.  Stay the course and shed some serious weight before that trip.  I'll have more energy, I'll be more comfortable on the plane and the motorcoach and I'll be happier in general.  I may have to buy some new clothes too, and that never hurt anyone.

What's my exact goal?  Well, in 2005 (my only real benchmark for weight loss) I lost exactly 40 lbs in the first 9 weeks.  So, I guess that's my goal. 

9.8 down, 30.2 to go.  It's steep, it's just about 3.75 pounds a week. We'll see!

No comments: