Friday, April 13, 2012

Time to visit family (Melissa)

So tonight I head down to NJ to visit with my family and my husband's family (well dad's side). We have not been down there since January and that was 35lbs ago! I am also bringing two huge bags of clothes to give to my mother and sister (all sizes 18s and 20s, see ya!). I hope by getting rid of them I won't ever go back into them or have that feeling its okay to gain weight because I have a ton of clothes to fit into.

So we'll see what my family's reactions are. But I am also worried about the eating situation. Please give me the strength to resist all the snacking that takes place at FILs! They always make dips and appetizers and its so hard not to eat them all! I am bringing my running gear and my husband and I plan to go for a run on Saturday and thats a huge change because I have never exercised while away from home!

So I'm nervous and excited for this trip home!! Wish me luck on the eating and please let my family be kind and compliment me!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Good luck Melissa! You have made lifestyle changes so I know you can handle the eating situation! Indulge some though:) You also mentioned you were going to try and run 5 miles, I believe in you!

And I hope you have a smooth trip with family, big hugs! Text me if you want while you are away:)

Lauren said...

Melissa, you are an inspiration to us all. You are rocking it and I can't wait to hear what your family says!