In high school, I was around 175-180 pounds. A size 14-16 and looking back I think I looked pretty good. That's my goal weight.

Now, as of Saturday April 21st I weigh 243.2 pounds. GAG. Here are my "beginning" photos.



It's bad, I know. Don't worry... I will never look like this again. At my absolute highest weight, I was pushing 300 pounds. I was 9 months pregnant with my firstborn, but still. I started off his pregnancy around 265 and that was the highest I'd ever been non-pregnant. I breastfed him and lost about 70 pounds without trying. When I got pregnant with the twins, I was 234. They are almost 3 months old now and although I had lost all of the weight (with the exception of a pound or two that kept fluctuating) I'm about 10 pounds heavier now than when I got pregnant last summer.
I've never tried to diet before. I joined a gym once but that's about it. So this is new territory for me. My weakness is sweets- in particular, chocolate. I'm going to have to learn portion control for sure because I know I'll never be able to give it up entirely.
I believe in small goals so for now, I just want to focus on learning weight watchers, making healthier eating choices and seeing a loss. My "long term" goal is to be under 200 pounds by the end of the summer. Because I am nursing twins, I have a higher caloric need than most so I'm going to have to still meet those needs. 2 days into WW though and I've already lost and have been making better choices so I know it's going to work if I put my mind to it.
Thanks for joining me on this journey... I'm looking forward to it! :)
6 comments:
Thanks, Amanda :)
Welcome and good luck! Just know it's hard work and you have to make the effort to put yourself first. Just think you might have to be away from your kids a bit now to exercise but you are adding years to being around later! I hope you enjoy WW. It's a great program to instill good eating habits and make you aware of portions. I take all I learned from my years on WW and use it every day with the food choices I make!
Can't wait to hear how successful you are!! Remember, the first week is the easiest, keeping that motivation week after week is the challenging part!
Welcome, Tiffany! You have the right motivation to get you started, and I hope that we can provide some additional motivation to keep you going.
It is not easy, but take it a meal at a time. You can do this!
Welcome Tiff!
Thanks ladies!! :)
You can do it Tiff!
Post a Comment