So today is my first day of summer vacation! I don't go back until August 27th, so thats about 11 weeks off! That's 11 more weigh ins and the chance to WOW everyone when I go back in the fall! I'd love to lose another 20 lbs this summer, but I am figuring maybe more about 15. I want to be realistic so I don't set myself up for disappointment.
So now that summer is upon me, I think about my plan for the summer. Working was easy in regards to planning and tracking my food since I brought my own lunch and snacks every day. While home during the summer I don't eat as regularly and sorta just snack more throughout the day. I will make sure I have healthy foods in the house and not bring any junk into the house. I actually worry about getting in all my calories since I won't be eating snack at 10am with my students and then lunch at noon. So this is going to be a challenge!
I am also going to start training for a half marathon, so my real focus this summer is going to be on exercise! I am planning to go on my long runs on Tuesdays since all my girls will be in daycare that day. Tomorrow I am going for a 4 mile run and then next week will attempt 5 miles! I am going to slowly increase my distance while continuing to attend my Barre classes 2-3 days a week.
I have a size 12 pair of capris I bought years ago on sale at Old Navy for $5... they still have the tag on them and I have never worn size 12, so wearing those capris when I go back to school in the fall is also part of my goal!! Wish me luck as I begin my new summer challenge!
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a great plan, Melissa! I know you can do it, and getting into those size 12 capri's is a huge motivator!
Post a Comment