Thursday, March 1, 2012

Need to whine, vent (Melissa)

So I know I have lost weight by both the scale and how my clothes fit. I can now wear most size 16 pants comfortably and XL tops are fitting great, some even are a bit baggy. My older LL Bean winter coat also now fits again in the hips (it used to be really tight so I couldn't even wear it) and my LL Bean raincoat is also loose around the waist and hips (damn pear shape!). My butt doesn't feel as snug in the rocking chair in my classroom.



So you'd think I'd feel great about it all, right? Well for some reason I am not feeling that great about it. Maybe its because I still don't feel that great when I look at myself. With clothes on I feel better, but when I look at myself without clothes I just feel depressed. Being pregnant with twins killed my stomach and I just think about how saggy skin is going to be. I don't feel I look any smaller and my lower stomach is so depressing. I am trying to focus on the positive, but it's just so hard.

Whine over....

1 comment:

Teri said...

Aww Melissa, I totally understand. I feel the same way when I look in the mirror without clothes on. I still feel so flabby, especially my lower stomach. I try not to let it bother me too much, we are working so hard! You have done great, mama! Keep plugging away...hugs!!!