Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Nervous for my 5K (Melissa)

So I am very nervous for the 5k this Sunday. I don't really know why because I have been running 3.1 miles at least 3 times a week for the past 2 months. I have run outside 3 times in the past week and every time I have improved my time. Today I ran it in 38:00. I know I can do it, yet I have this feeling in my stomach.

Will I go out too quickly and putter out at the end?? Will I get discouraged and tons of runners run past me at my slow pace (although I am running at about 5 mph pace). DH is running with me and I know my pace is a lot slower than he would run. The last time I ran this race I finished in about 39:00 guntime, but 37:45 net time.... so I think I'm just worried I'll do worse than I have been doing??? I know I've had 3 kids since then and weigh a little bit more, but ugh, it still keeps bothering me. I should be okay with not finishing in that time...

Okay I am done complaining. I'll just give my best, run the whole thing, and be proud of what I have accomplished so far!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Melissa, have confidence! You have been working so hard, you are so ready for this! We will be cheering for you:)

Lynsey Kaye said...

Nervous turds are serious!! LOL. I say it means you're passionate. Ha, maybe that's just my way of making light of that issue.

You will do great Melissa!! I can't wait to hear all about it.