Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weigh In (All)

With the Christmas and Hanukkah right around the corner and holiday parties galore, see how we faired this week...



Amanda:

I weighed in this week at 191.2, for a 2.2 pound loss this week, and 37 pounds total! I will take it! I've been indulging more often, with all these holiday goodies around, but the thing is I have learned how to cut myself off before things get too crazy. I also continue to do ZUMBA 3 times a week to keep myself in check. I'm crossing all my crossables for gift cards to clothing stores this year, as I have such money guilt over buying things for myself ... and well, girlfriend needs some new pants.



Melissa:



Weighed in at 231.5, so a loss of 1.5lbs this week! I am pleased! Last week I ate out and definitely indugled on Thursday, Friday and Saturday...yikes! Then I made a turkey that I brined and holy salt!!! I peeked at the scale on Monday and whoa it was up, so I worked hard the rest of the week. I went to the gym Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I did at least 45 minutes of cardio each time. I am loving the gym and even more loving how I have more energy and can feel myself getting stronger (running longer stretches). I am also loving the fact that I am losing weight during this indulgent time of year! I am glad I did not wait until the New Year to get back on the train!! So my goal this week: continue doing what I am doing, going to the gym at least 4x a week, eating the correct number of calories, and just making myself a priority!!!



Teri:


Photobucket
Yay, I am so happy to report that I had a nice loss this week. Just the momentum I needed to keep at it! I am down 2.4 lbs this week, with a a total loss of 5.4 lbs since I really started about 3 weeks ago.



I have been consistent in tracking my meals, and have really tried hard to stay within the 1200 calories/day. With the holiday season, it has been challenging and I have indulged some (especially this weekend) but I have tried to put healthier options on my plate and cut the more indulgent food in half. I had a couple glasses of wine this weekend, my first drink since I really started to focus. I enjoyed it, but that satified me for a while. The empty calories on a regular basis are just not worth it!



Exercise has been low still due to the knee, but this week I have some early days off from work, so I am going to take some nice walks around the neighborhood, while its light out. I am thinking of joining a gym near my house in the next few weeks though!



Sarah:
I am at 292 this week...at least I am holding steady and not gaining. I will be content with not gaining anything more through the new year at this point!



Megan:Cheryl:

3 comments:

Megan said...

Amanda - we all know about your Zumba! but what have you done to change your eating? What do you eat in a typical day now? Do you count calories? Just curious what you think the key to your (amazing) success has been.....

Melissa said...

I think tracking is key! It makes you realize how many calories there really is in something! Often times it definitely prevents me from putting it in my mouth.... like I do not waste any calories on drinks (besides alcohol of course!). I'd rather eat my calories!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amanda and Melissa! Amanda, when I started (and kept) doing ZUMBA three times a week, that's how I lost all of my baby weight, and it has stayed off. I do try to eat in moderation most of the time, but as you have seen at The Melting Pot, if i want a dessert, I have one. It doesn't have to be all salads and crackers. Continued luck on your health journey! -Christine