Sunday, December 4, 2011

Afraid to face what you ate...

One of the reasons I fail to track what I eat is that I am afraid to face the actual amount of calories, points, etc of what I ate. What is the point in not tracking it? Does it mean I didn't eat it? No, I did eat it and need to see in numbers what I really ate. I often don't track on the weekends because I consume way more than I do during the week. But I still need to track it and I will.


So after taking Abby to gymnastics we stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee and ended up getting a box of 25 munchkins. I ate 4 on the way home, and then consumed about 6 more at home. Yup, tracked that and it was about 600 calories worth of munchkins.. so half of my days total...ooops.


Then after going to a local farm and picking out our tree we stopped at Fuddruckers for lunch. Love that place!!! Before discussing my lunch I should also point out that the farm we visited has the BEST apple cider donuts and I resisted the urge to have one (or it could have been I was just feeling guilty about all the munchkins I ate earlier). Anyway, back to Fuddruckers. I usually get a bacon cheeseburger, but went with just a cheeseburger because I realized that I put so many pickles on my burger I never even taste the bacon, so why waste the extra calories. Next time, no cheese. But I also love their potato wedges and put jalapenos and cheese sauce on them. I did all that but then drank water.


I was actually full for most of the night and for dinner just had two whole grain waffles with some butter. I have been using real butter recently because all the ingredients in margarine have been weirding me out. So I just tracked it all.... I ended up consuming a little less than 2,400 calories for the day. My goal is 1,200 a day for a loss of 2lbs a week. I was actually surprised as I thought I ate way more. Majority of people eat 2,000 - 2,200 calories a day to maintain their weight, so looking at it that way, it wasn't too bad.


As much as I did not want to face and admit all I ate yesterday, it wasn't that bad and now I can move on. Now to the gym.... so I can burn off some of those calories I consumed yesterday!!!

3 comments:

Trickey said...

Melissa, I am the same way with weekends, and tracking things. I can easily do it, until I want to be in denial about something I ate. My sister in law sent me home with left over dessert last night, and well I had it for breakfast. Think I plan on tracking that? Heck no. . . .

Melissa said...

But if you track it, then you can plan the rest of your day accordingly.... just because you don't track it, doesn't mean you didn't eat it....lol

Teri said...

The weekends are the toughest for me too! I have so much better control at work. Glad it wasn't as many calories as you thought, and best of luck at the gym!