So I felt my old self peeking through tonight. It's the first night of Hanukkah, I wanted to light the menorah with Abby and have her open a couple gifts. Plus I had to take her to the doctor and didn't get home till 5:30pm, then I had to clean up, I would leave for the gym later than usual, then I still had to come home and make all the lunches, yadda yadda yadda. I was like ah, I rather sit home and relax, and order some take out once DH gets home. But as soon as I got home, I made myself change into my gym clothes. I wavered back and forth for a bit, but once she opened the gifts and the twins were in bed it was 6:30pm. So I left DH with the mess and asked if he'd clean up and he agreed, so off I went.
I was a little sluggish at the gym, and of course the magazine I used to cover the display while I am running fell off and knocked the emergency stop key. So 15ish minutes in and I lost all the information as to how much I had worked out. Anyway, I just plugged in another 35 minutes to do my 50. I still managed to burn 550 calories.
I'm just proud of myself for taking charge and cutting the crap and putting the excuses aside!! Hopefully this is a trend I will continue into the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment