Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Last stop, ONEderland!

Okay so I live in the Boston area and if you are from this area the last stop on the Blue Line T is Wonderland, so my title is a slight play on words.  This is my last stop, I'm not going back to the 200s.

As excited as I am to be in Onederland I am afraid of falling back into the 200s.  I haven't been in the 100s since right before I got married.  I probably weighed right over 200 when we got married.  I am wearing clothes I wore then and we'll see how my summer wardrobe fits if we ever get warm weather!

I still can't believe I reached 199.5 last week.  When I first started this journey at 245, getting to 199 seemed like it would take forever and so far ahead of me.  Well I'm here now and the 1-2 lbs I lost every week just slowly added up to almost 46 lbs gone!  I know people want a quick fix, they want to lose 6  lbs a week, but that is just not realistic.  Slow and steady wins the race, right??

So now that I am getting close to losing 50 lbs everyone has been noticing my weight loss.  Last week was crazy because everyone at work was saying things like "Omg you look so good!"  "You look like you've lost weight" and so on.  My principal keeps calling me skinny... ha that's still very far from the truth, but I'll take it.  I am going to wait until I hit 50 lbs gone before I take a new pic.

In response to all the comments I just smile and say thanks and that I have been working hard.  I feel like Amanda did a couple months ago when everyone kept asking "what are you doing?"  "What diet are you on?".  I feel really silly replying with "I track everything that goes in my mouth and eat 1,200 calories and exercise 3-4 times a week."  It just sounds so simple, right??  People also like to ask, "what are you eating?"  So I've actually written out the regular foods I eat for a couple friends and made a list for a coworker.  One person came back and told me she can't eat what I eat because she doesn't like any of that stuff and that Greek yogurt is disgusting.  She also mentioned, well I can't exercise because I don't have time!  I immediately thought, well with that negative attitude and excuse you are not going to lose weight.

My attitude and thinking has really changed.  I look at food and think, eh is that really worth 300 calories??  Don't get me wrong, I still indulge and go crazy on Saturdays, but I just work hard the rest of the week.  So in the end, I am enjoying the way I feel (although I don't think I look that different) and am loving my new attitude towards food!

So onto my next goal of 175 so I can be considered just overweight and not obese!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for this. :) I haven't lost ANYTHING this week (admittedly, it's been a bad week eating wise so far) and I'm frustrated. But you're right... even a pound or two will add up. Keep up the good work!

Teri said...

Great post, Melissa! You have worked so hard and had the right attitude all along! You deserve this! You can do this!!

Erin said...

Great post! I hope to make it onederland and not look back soon! You girls are definitely inspiring!