Monday, August 6, 2012

Frustration (Melissa)

So I feel like I have plateaued for the past month.  I am feeling frustrated and in the past I'd just be like, "oh forget it!" and pig out!  But now I know I gotta just stay focused and keep working hard!

Although I know I have lost inches and really have lost weight.  The weight loss has slowed down drastically and I have to just keep reminding myself that the scale isn't the only way to measure success on this journey.  I think about the fact that I've lost 9.25 inches, I'm fitting better into some of my slimmer size 14 pants and even some are getting loose, and that I can run 6 miles!  Those are huge accomplishments.

I have to remember this is a long journey and the challenges will always be there.  They don't go away, they just change!  I leave you with this picture as it sums up this entire journey and my new mindset!


4 comments:

Amy said...

I know you mean I have been at my 175 plateau since March--my body has changed a lot due to weight lifting but the scale not so much. I had to add a lot more cardio to get it to budge--you might try adding some strength training since you got the cardio locked down!!

I am so impressed you are doing a half marathon!

Katie said...

Keep on keeping on, girl! You are doing great. And damn, running 6 miles is amazing! I just started couch to 5K and it's not small feat to be able to run that far! You're an inspiration!

Teri said...

You are amazing, Melissa! A true inspiration! I know it can be frustrating but the journey, this ride is worth it! And you are rocking this journey out, my friend!
Keep it up!

My-cliffnotes said...

So inspiring! It's soo the journey you're doing fab!!