Well now I stop and think about whether I am really hungry and what I want. I examine calories as I look through the pantry. I try and opt for fruits and/or veggies, but sometimes they don't cut it. So what do I eat??? I get asked a lot from people who are curious about my success, so let me share some of my favorite snacks!
- Hard boiled eggs (yolks removed) with hot sauce (I cut the eggs in half, remove the yolks, and then put some hot sauce in the holes where the yolk was).. 34 calories for 2 eggs.
- Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snack - yup, sounds gross, right? Well its a little crunchy, salty, and comes in a wasabi flavor for some spice! And it's only 60 calories for the whole little package!
- Trader Joe's Sour Cream and Onion Corn Puffs - yummy, like popcorn, only 56 calories for 1 cup!
- Homemade salsa with homemade pita chips - chop up tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro, with garlic powder, salt, pepper, a tsp of olive oil.... then take a Joseph's Oat Bran, Flax, and Wheat pita and split it open, cut into wedges and put in the toaster oven. They get nice and crunchy and voila, pita chips for only 60 calories! Then the salsa is about 40 calories!
- Frozen Grapes - Love em! Usually my dessert! They take awhile to thaw so they are great to eat slowly! about 100 calories for a cup of them.
There is also the usual go to items: string cheese, hummus and veggies, banana and peanut butter, a good ol cup of skim milk, greek yogurt, and so on.. I am always looking for new snacks, so please if anyone has any other ideas please please please share them!!!
3 comments:
Hi! New follower :)
I'm always looking for new snack ideas. I try not to snack at all but sometimes I just have to. I tend to reach for salty rather than sweet so I usually end up eating nuts(ha!).
Yum, your homemade salsa and pita chips sound yummy!
My go to snacks are TJ's White Bean hummus and veggies and/or Food Should Taste God Multigrain crackers; frozen mangos; and the yummy cashew chocolate chip nut butter with honey wheat prezels or apple slices!
yuuuum! i love love love frozen grapes :)
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)
xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com
Post a Comment