So, I joined. And I filled out all my information, you know, the nitty gritty: weight, height, goal....I even did body measurements. According to the site, I should be eating 1,660 calories a day and doing 30 minutes of exercise a week....enough to burn 620 calories. Using their trusty calculator, I found out that 30 minutes of swimming freestyle laps of light to moderate intensity will burn 297 calories. WOW (no wonder I used to eat a pound of pasta with meatsauce plus a salad and garlic bread for dinner when I was a competitive swimmer........this ish burns calories!)
I even planned out my meals for tomorrow. Snacks are still up in the air. And I hope what I planned fills me up. A friend gave me some good advice. She said to keep shredded iceberg lettuce in the house, fill my plate with that and put my protein/veggies on top of that. It adds crunch and helps full you up for only 10 calories (3 carbs & 1 protein per 3 oz serving). As long as you don't feel the need to add dressing, it really does help. Kind of like snacking on celery......I believe you exert more calories to chew it then you gain from eating it.
Oh, and the body measurements.......shell shock. Are those really my measurements? Sadly, yes. I am going to the Physical Therapist on Tuesday and am 99% confident I am going to be released for all exercise. Then its time to get serious.
Here's to hoping you'll be hearing from me a lot more (and calling me out if you don't)
1 comment:
Heather, MFP is a great tool and it works:)
You can do this, and we will help keep you accountable!
Post a Comment