So it's just about 2013. I have a lot to be proud of, but I am have been very frustrated for awhile. I am proud that I have lost a lot of weight and have maintained for the past almost 6 months. In the past, I always gained the weight back. However, I am frustrated that I haven't been as motivated or had the self-control I used to have. So I need a new plan.
After Thanksgiving I signed up for a 60 Day challenge with my Barre studio, which I knew was going to get me going again. But almost a month in, and I actually weigh a couple pounds more than when I started, so being part of that challenge hasn't really motivated me.
Then, I was thinking about rejoining Weight Watchers because maybe I need that accountability of weighing-in in front of someone. Maybe I need to try something different and track points instead of just calories... But then I thought about the $43 a month I would have to spend.
So, just the other day someone on my June message board mentioned The Whole30. Now, I am not one for fad diets, but I need something at this point. I need to regain the self control I once had. I need to control what I eat and not let it control me. I want to stop giving into temptation. I want to lose the last 45lbs. I want this. So after reading up on the Whole30 and Paleo diets, I decided I am going to give it a go for 30 days. I know I can last a month.
I told my wonderful husband of my plan and he gave me his not impressed face. I could tell instantly he thinks I can't do it. Hello, motivation to prove him wrong! So today I indulged a bit and had a donut with my coffee and will have Chinese food for dinner. Tomorrow is a new day, new year, and new beginning to finishing their weight loss.
So tonight when the ball drops I will give my husband a kiss and also kiss goodbye to grains, legumes, dairy, sugar, and alcohol for 30 days!!! Wish me luck because I am gonna need it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment