I have decided to jump aboard the weight loss bandwagon along with the other Cut the Crappers! I have followed this blog from the beginning, and decided to reach out to Amanda about two weeks ago. Amanda has been a true inspiration to me, and I am so glad that she is willing to help me along this journey.
My name is Teri. I am a 30 year old wife to Jared and working mama to my sweet and crazy 20 month old son, Liam and 2.5 year old pup, Tucker. These people? They are my everything and for that reason, I desperately want to get myself in shape, live a happy and healthy life and set a positive example for my little boy (and other future little ones!)
I know this journey won't be easy. I know that I am not perfect and am an emotional person, who happens to make poor eating choices when I am in this state. I know that I can be lazy and would prefer to sit my ass on the couch, catching up on DVR. I know that all of the above are excuses.
Honestly, its so easy to make up an excuse for eating that extra brownie (or panful) an evening after a stressful work day or not take that evening walk with Liam or some other activity because I just don't feel like it.
But I am tired of it all - the excuses I make, the way I feel, the way I look. I want to be happy with myself. And I want to be happy for my family. They deserve that, just as much as I do. Therefore, I am vowing to choose ME!
I have already begun taking strides to make positive changes. I have started to track my food each day, it gives me a sense of accountability and has truly helped me to make smarter choices. While I am not depriving myself of something I truly want, I am making a conscious effort to control my portions and supplement elsewhere throughout the day. I showed restraint at the grocery store last evening, and filled up the basket with more fruits, veggies, and healthy snacks than normal. I have increased my water intake.
Since I injured my knee in September (torn meniscus, bone marrow edema syndrome and damaged my knee cap) and have been undergoing physical therapy, I have not done much in regards to physical activity but I do have plans to break out the trusty elliptical this week, and start slow.
I hope you will follow along with me, and keep me accountable. I plan to weigh in with Amanda this coming Friday (eeks!!!!) with my weight loss goals. I am beyond nervous to put my weight on the web for all to see but I think this might be the accountability I need to make certain the scale goes down each week:)
2 comments:
Best of luck on this journey!
Yay! So glad to see you making a healthy choice for YOU. Can't wait to follow along on your journey... best of luck!
Post a Comment